Today’s WordPress Bloganuary prompt is about what brings you joy in life. When I hear the word “joy,” I think of happiness and the smallest pleasures in life. To dig deeper, Merriam-Webster defines joy as “the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires.”
In no particular order, here are some simple things that bring me joy in life.
24 Simple Things That Bring Me Joy in Life
- Rewatching my favorite TV series over and over, like The Simpsons and The Office.
- Trying new foods and restaurants with my significant other.
- Indulging in my favorite desserts without feeling any guilt.
- Sleeping with the window open while it’s pouring rain outside.
- Giving meaningful gifts to others.
- Visiting my hometown to spend time with family and friends.
- Blended Rebels from Dutch Bros, no matter how cold it is.
- Seeing my favorite artists live in concert.
- Petting and cuddling my fur babies and fur friends.
- Using coupons and discounts to save money on products.
- Trips to Target for no reason at all.
- Meditating during a long, hot shower.
- Spending time and doing nothing with my significant other.
- Going to food festivals and pigging out on street food.
- Going through old photographs and reliving those memories.
- Playing board games and video games to pass the time with my loved ones.
- Planning, journaling, and blogging to express myself.
- Learning new things, like a craft, language, or random fact.
- Going to sporting events and root for my favorite teams.
- Buying and trying new makeup and skincare products.
- Binge-watching the Harry Potter series at any given chance.
- Connecting with others through simple conversations or meals.
- Driving home from work and seeing the sunset.
- Color coding my calendar and planner.
I know there’s more that brings me joy in life. But that’s all I can think of for now.
What brings you joy in life?
Let me know in the comments! You can also connect with me on social media.